How life should be lived...

How life should be lived...

- Justin David G. Pineda

III-Archaeology

I. Satisfaction of life and thirsty for more.

What do you think of your life right now? Do you think your life is incomplete? Honestly, do you compare your life with other people? Those people who are (should I say) more successful than you? Because of those comparisons that you made, do you sometimes think that life isn’t fair? “Why does he have this while I don’t?” Could this phrase relate you on how you envy with others? Is it true that sometimes we think we are incomplete and lacking of something? Seeing ourselves lacking, we see then other people who are fuller already. Are you becoming jealous of them? Let’s remember those times when we compare and asking for more. Well, to tell you honestly, I compare myself sometimes to other people in terms of my personality. “Why is he taller than me? Why is his skin lighter than me? Why does he have a golden voice while neither metal nor any plastic I don’t have at all? Why is he richer than me?” These are some questions that I ask myself. How about you? In other events or other things, do you compare yourself? That’s all right. That’s normal for us. Let’s not be ashamed that we are doing this. Lately, I realized that I was very, very wrong in comparing myself to other people. I always thought that I never became superior even once. I couldn’t get number one because I think I’m only good for number two. That time, I was thinking that there were still a lot of people living higher than me. Those people whose comfort room is the whole part of my house. Those people whose jewels worth the food of the whole baranggay for one straight month. Those people whose belongings cost millions of pesos. So generally, I feel under them.

II. Nirvana

Try to think that you die and resurrected. You’re another person. God thought of giving you another life because He wants to see how you handle a life again. But this time, you are born in a very poor family. You are now living in a family whose father is a stubborn and lazy drunk-all-day man while your mother has affairs with other men. You have nine siblings, you’re in their midst, the eldest is also lazy while the others needs sustenance. What are you now when that happens? Or let’s say, you grow up without any parents. You’re just a stranger to everyone. You don’t know anything. Nobody would teach you basic learning skills How about you live with a trademark of a family of murderers? How about when you are born and grow up without any education? You don’t even know how to read nor write. Here’s the painful part: What if you are born handicapped? Without eyes or nose or tongue or other body parts? What if you are born autistic? So the point is, what if you go to the less-fortunate side? What will you do then?

III. Think about it

I realized that life should go the way it is. We should be contented with what we have and not to ask for more. If you are not satisfied with your life because you’re jealous with those who are above you, think about those people under you. In that way of thinking, we will be satisfied. I also realized what God wants us to be our individual mission. He lend us this life and someday we will give it back. But before we give it back, He wants is to use it for the better. He wants us to help those people who are under us that’s why He made us above them. Why? It’s because we are more comfortable with our lives and that we have more extras and blessings than them. I think it is our mission. So that even in a little way, we have something to show Him good.

Here’s a question: What do you want your life to become if you’re a less-fortunate? I think there’s only one answer for that…to have his basic needs such as food, shelter and clothing. If you’re in their position, you would also like to be helped by others, right? So let’s not waste this opportunity that God has given us. Let’s make our stay in this world productive and show what kind of human being we are. This is a life-long mission. Let’s make it accomplished and not demolished.

Fortunate are those who have the spirit of the poor, for theirs the kingdom of heaven.

Fortunate are those who mourn, they shall be comforted,

Fortunate are the gentle, they shall possess the land.

Fortunate are those who hunger and thirst for justice, for they shall be satisfied.

Fortunate are the merciful, for they shall find mercy.

Fortunate are those with a pure heart for they shall see God.

Fortunate are those who work for peace, they shall be called children of God.

Fortunate are those who are persecuted for the cause of justice, for theirs the kingdom of heaven.

Fortunate are you, when people insult you and persecute you and speak all kinds of evil against you because you are my followers.

The Beatitudes

From the Bible Mt. 5:3-11